Washi Tape Napkin Rings

Supplies:


  • Large popsicle sticks/craft sticks
  • Washi Tape
  • Paint
  • String
  • Drill or super strong hole punch
Steps:

Start by throwing your popsicle sticks in a pot of boiling water. Put many more than you need in (i.e. If you want 8 sticks, put about 14 in… some will break or splinter). Let them sit there in the boiling water for about 30 minutes.
Pull the sticks out of the water one at a time after 30 minutes. When they are cool enough to handle, bend them and stick them in a cup. They will will give you some resistence when bending, but they will bend. Some may break or splinter at this point, but don’t worry. That is why I told you to put more in than you need! Shove as many in a glass as you can.

Next, be prepared to deal with your husband’s confusion when he comes home and sees 4 glasses sitting out full of wet popsicle sticks. Let them sit out to dry for about 24 hours.
Once 24 hours is up, you should have some curvy popsicle sticks! Now would also be the time to drill the holes in the end of your popsicle sticks. I didn’t do that but I wished I had. That would have left me with a more finished look. Well, you live, you learn, right?
Paint them whatever colors you want. I chose to go glam and do some gold and white.
Next, just wrap some washi tape around your “napkin rings”. You can mix and match all you want! My washi tape wasn’t wanting to stay very well, so I also topped it with a coat of Mod Podge to secure it. It isn’t necessary if your tape is sticking.
See, this is when I drilled holes in my popsicle sticks. I wish I had done it earlier {like when I told you all to do it}. Then I could have painted in the hole and made it look nicer. But instead I waited until later. Oops. Follow my instructions, not my example
Grab that string of yours, be it embroidery floss, baker’s twine, jute string, yarn, or whatever. Thread it through the holes, pull tight on the string to bring the ends together, and tie off. This is where you will wish you had 4 hands. If you are alone, be like a monkey and try using your feet. If you have a little one or hubby to enlist, grab them.

See more : here

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post